The Disability Resource Network of BC for Post Secondary Education is the provincial organization that represents individuals who provide programs and services for individuals who have disabilities, in the British Columbia Post Secondary Education system.
- To represent field based concerns in a coordinated fashion to the Ministry of Advanced Education.
- To raise public and government awareness about the educational needs of people with disabilities.
- To be an information sharing body to all personnel regarding disability related issues in the post secondary system.
Ongoing DRNBC for PSE will:
- Provide a forum for discussion on issues of relevance to the membership.
- Advocate on behalf of the membership on issues of concern at institutional, community or government levels.
- Provide a supportive network for problem solving for members.
- Sponsor an annual provincial professional development conference
- Sponsor periodic professional development events
Institutional membership is available at a cost of $250.00 annually. This entitles all employees of the institution to a discounted registration rate for the provincial conference.
The executive is elected at the Annual General Meeting, held each year during the conference. Two year terms are balanced whenever possible between program/service, rural/urban representatives.
Positions include: President, Past-president, Secretary, Treasurer, three members at large and a conference liaison person. Ex-officio memberships are currently held by representatives from the Office of Disability Issues.
Monthly teleconferences are held during the academic year and a minimum of one face-to-face meeting is held, usually prior to the conference.